Soup and Fall are a perfect fit. Just like kale and sausage. When it’s cold and windy outside, this soup is kind of perfect too. Fortunately, it’s quick and easy to make. A one pot wonder. Served in front of a roaring fire with a side of crusty bread makes for one cozy weeknight dinner.
|Kale Turkey Sausage and Tortellini Soup||
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ t dried thyme
- ½ t dried oregano
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- ¼ t red pepper flakes
- 4 c chicken stock
- 2 c kale, roughly chopped
- 12 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- Heat a stock pot to medium high and add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add turkey sausage and cook until browned about 7 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic cook until onions are translucent, 4-5 more minutes.
- Add thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for one more minute.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add tortellini and cook for 5 minutes or as indicated on tortellini package.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.