The other day I was craving chocolate. Fortunately, this does not happen often. Vanilla on the other hand, that’s a whole other story. I went to our pantry and found half a bag of dark chocolate chips, the only chocolate we had in the house.
Next to it was a bag of pretzels. What a lovely combination. Salty and sweet. After eating a handful these yummy morsels, I decided I needed to actually make something out of them.
Like blondies. Then I decided to take the salty/sweet thing a step further by sprinkling turbinado sugar and kosher salt on the top of said blondies. So glad I did.
Salty, sweet, crisp and gooey. Yum!
|Dark Chocolate Pretzel Blondies||
- ¾ c all purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ c dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ t salt, divided
- 1 t turbinado sugar
- 6 T unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ¼ c dark chocolate chips
- ¼ c pretzel pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pretzel pieces using a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and turbinado sugar.
- Spread mixture in pan and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.